Gunite Spa jet retrofit

Jun 5, 2016
nj
long time reader, first time poster here.

We have a 15 year old gunite spa. Over the years of opening and closing, the spa jet components have either disappeared or cracked. There are 8 total, 4 eyeball type, 4 whirly type.

The whirlys I believe to be Balboa/Hydro Air Microssage 15-5230s.

The eyeballs I believe are Balboa/Hydro Air 10-3420s. They have 1.5 inch eyeballs with threaded retaining rings that look to be 1.5 inch npt. These are the ones I would like to retofit. My main question is, are the main plaster escutcheons typically solvent welded on, or are they threaded and screwed on?

I don't want to open a can of worms if they are welded on. If they're threaded, obviously much simpler to deal with.

I have photos of when we built the pool/spa, but I cannot tell how the actual end of the T was attached after the plastering.

The exterior fittings are usually screwed on so you can move them around. But that doesn't always mean they will come off easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.