Intelliflo VS not working

Terry

Jul 8, 2008
Dallas, Tx
After some electrical issues in the neighborhood I found my Intellifo VS pump off. I have confirmed power to the subpanel, heater, and lights, but can get no response of any type out of the pump.

I'm not sure what was going on with the power supply, but it resulted in flickering lights and tripping GFIs throughout the neighborhood. Seems to be resolved now.

My pump was running at the time, do these pumps have some type of fail safe that would shut them down in the event of a power surge? Any tricks to restarting? Pressing the start or reset button has no effect. Pump is 3 years old.

Thanks in advance!

A power surge like that from the utility could have fried the circuit in the VFD on the pump. The motor is probably fine but you may need a new drive section. There are a number of threads strongly recommending the addition of a surge protector, like the Square D HEPD 80, to protect the drive electronics from events like this.

Sorry to here about your problem.

The drive controller is sensitive to surges. It's basically a computer circuit connected to a powerful DC motor. So even minor "blips" in the power while it's running can reek havoc. For that reason, I have two "whole house" type surge protectors. One on my main service panel and one on the pool sub panel.

Have you tried shutting down the circuit, then doing a reset on the pump. It is after all a computer. Mine once failed to reset with the reset button, but I found that disconnecting power for a bit then restoring it first did the trick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.