salt cell turned up to 100% and UV and still algae!

outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
got a new pool end of last summer. seems to me that the UV mustn't do what it's supposed to and why we have to have the salt cell turned up to 100% and still have algae is baffling. we run the pool at the settings and time calpools told us to (i'll have to check but I think 2 hrs on high, then 8 hrs on low speed, then 1/2 hr on high speed-from about 10pm to 9am) and i still have to do a super chlorination already a couple times this summer and it just started really getting hot out. the chlorine read at 2.0 yesterday morning when the filter was already done running for the night. My husband thinks because the in-floor/drain don't seem to be working well, since there is pretty much always dirt and debri in the pool it'll always have bacteria.

checked chlorine and said 1.0 around 6pm tonight. i shouldn't have to keep using the super chlorinator and with the added benefit of UV I can't figure out what is going on. i guess i

we cleaned salt cell and there was barely any calcium build-up.
thx!

Please post up a full set of test results from one of the recommended test kits.

You realize that we do not recommend UV systems for residential outdoor pools ... Don't you think yoy get enough grin the sun up there ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.