Ready to move to VSP

May 20, 2016
Buena Park, CA
Hey guys,

I have a 20k gallon pool, one skimmer, 3 jets and currently I am running a 3/4 HP single speed starite pump that sounds like it's ready to go sometime in the near-ish future. Right now, I am pulling 15 amps @ 120v of power for 8 hours a day and I want to get that down to the least amount of KW/h as possible to save money. I am willing to convert to a 230v and have actually been looking at the Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP motor. Reason thinking that even though the max flow rate of the DE filter I have is 106 GPM, I can in reality, run at a slower speed that should save more money than going with a Pentair SuperMax 1.5hp which would have to be at a higher constant RPM.

Am I wrong in my thinking or should I be going with a smaller Pentair?

Would this be a good fit: Amazon.com : Pentair 342001 SuperFlo VS Variable Speed Pool Pump, 1 1/2 Horsepower, 115/208-230 Volt, 1 Phase - Energy Star Certified : Patio, Lawn Garden

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Pentair Superflo 1-1/2hp VS pump for your pool, 342001. It runs on 120v also.

Here are a couple of places to buy it
Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump 342001 | Pentair 342001 sunplay.com
Pentair VS PUMP VAR SPEED W/ TIMER SUPER FLO PUMP 115/230V - 342001 - INYOPools.com

Check out our supporter page, there are some perks available that might interest you.
CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Glad we're thinking the same! Awesome. Thanks for the input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.