Tried to coach someone along at the store

basod

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2015
Mount Cheaha Alabama
I had to grab some CYA to adjust up after refilling from winter.
There was woman in the aisle with bucket of Clorox 3" trichlor pucks - she looked a bit confused, then asked me if they were the same as the Walmart brand of pucks on adjacent shelf.
I glanced at active ingredients and confirmed they are the same concentration for ~$10 less.

She asked what I used after stating she throws a couple of these in a 33' ABG pool skimmer every week - nothing else:confused:
I tried to explain that it raised CYA level constantly if all you use is pucks - she appeared more confused.
Showed her where the bleach was and recommended she try some, and probably test her water. She thanked me for the help and moved on with the bucket of pucks

Then I realized how people end up with CYA levels over 200

Something about leading a horse to water...

Many people don't want to deal with managing their pool either because they are lazy, think they are too busy or maybe are intimidated by trying to learn the "right way" how to do it. Most pool stores don't help those notions either. Can only help those who want to take control of their pools. Good of you to try though!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.