Vinyl liner and coping replacement - Pics Added!

You may have taken the hardest route but you have done that pool a world of justice and I feel that once it's done and you can cool off that you won't regret it, you'll be proud of it and you'll BEAM when you take the pics out and show everyone that you did it yourself!

I hope you can get it done for your wife's birthday! You are doing a wonderful job! Keep us updated! :goodjob:

Sorry for being slow with updates. Been away from the pool jobsite for a while. Drove the family to Colorado to visit relatives and enjoy a reprieve from the 105 degree heat in Oklahoma. But got started back on the pool at 7am Thursday, July 16th morning after the 13 hour drive back home, though. This pic is a little bit dated, but only one i have on this computer. I actually finished grouting July 2nd.

Below is a pic of the deck after grouting and acid washing (twice).
IMG_2141.jpg

Got the pool prepped and liner installed over the weekend. Only remining item is to seal between the liner track and the coping and to cut in the skimmer. Will upload pictures as soon as i get the chance. It has been a non-stop exercise, but just about there.

Mr Flash

gman:
That is a spa in the corner. It served as the dog's swimming pool during the main pool remodel.
IMG_2077.jpg

It was installed when the pool was in 1977, and is a little dated. It is tied into the pool plumbing and heater. It has a skimmer, drain and one return. Also the fiberglass has some blisters and cracks. It is usable, but like the pool is showing its age. I would like to replace it with a more modern spa, but will have to build up funding for that project, and forget a little bit about how tedious the pool remodel was.

Did get the liner installed over the weekend. Really pleased about how it turned out. Still need to clean some grout and mortar stains off of the exposed concrete, and to put in the ladder and stair hand holds. Plus, my DW has been working on the landscaping. Spa cover really does not go with the brick work. Will need to recover it. Will post better pics later. Mr Flash

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

Mr. Flash,

A question our pool is just a year old however I think the alum coping makes our pool look cheap. I love how you transformed your pool with the new coping. I have several questions or you still pleased with the change? what about future liner changes would you have to remove this coping?
Last question can you tell of a website where your purchased the coping and tile.

Thanks,

RJMiller

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is there a way you can repost the pictures for this thread. Or at least 2 (before and after) if you do not have time to do them all?
There are many people that would like to know. I have researched many pool forums and info online and this is the best info. I kept a link to this post in my favorites folder for few years and now, when it is time to do my pool, I can't see the pictures. Every pool contractor I spoke to would like to rip off my entire concrete deck an redo the whole thing over again. (and of course it Is expensive) I do not want to pay a price similar to building a brand new pool...I know it is expensive to be a pool owner, but still... I don't like to feel robed either. Thank you! This is my existing pool conditionDSC06764.JPGDSC06762.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.