What's wrong with my D.E. Filter?!? Help!

Mlfein

Jun 4, 2016
PA
Hey everyone!

Recently, I had my pool opened, ans since then I've been having problems with my Hayward Pro Grid D.E. Filter 48 sq ft. When I open the pool, it was cloudy but not that bad. After the first hour that the pump was running, the filter already clogged up. I back washed it and added the proper amount of D.E. and it was good for about an hour so. After this, I opened up the filter and hosed it down. After running it for about an hour or so, it clogged up again. The next day I backwash the filter then soaked the grid's in Leslies filter cleanse. I put them back in, and it clogged up about an hour later. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I don't have a main drain just a skimmer. The filter never used to clog up like this. Could the grids be bad?
What does the pool look like? If it's green or cloudy and you can't see the floor of the deepest part clearly, nothing's wrong with the filter. It's working exactly as designed.

If the pressure returned to normal after cleaning, there's nothing wrong with the grids. They just support the DE that does the filtering. If they were clogged, the pressure would be high even after cleaning. Now what does the water look like, and do you have any test results?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.