New to forum. Algae help please!

Here are my morning #'s
FC 9
CC .5
CYA 40

I put a sock in with cya Monday and another yesterday because I didn't have enough the first time. So now that my cya level has increased my FC needs to increase to 16 right? Instead of the 12 I've been aiming for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What other parts of the SLAM are you practicing? Are you brushing? Are you vacuuming? Are you cleaning the filter? Make sure you are being very pro-active in your SLAM by doing all these things that will help your pool clear itself.

Dave is right! Brush with all you've got and follow the advice here. Your filter (if it is working properly and maintained), brushing, balanced chemistry and bleach will get your water where you want it.

Keep it up! You'll get there :)

So I checked my levels through the day yesterday. Kept FC at 16ish. Checked at 930pm FC 13.5, added 1/2 bottle of bleach bringing FC to 18 at 11pm.
I checked at 7am today and FC is 13.5
CC is .5

Still no change to the water. I know it's only been 4 days but I'm getting frustrated. I feel like FC should start to stabilize soon. I'm doing everything suggested to me i.e. Brushing, vacuuming keeping FC level as much as possible, backwashing and cleaning filter. Is there anything else I'm missing?

It's really been 3 days :) POP (Pool Owner Patience).

Some SLAMs take 2 weeks or longer. Since your water isn't a swamp, it shouldn't take that long but it might take through the weekend.

Obligatory: Lights, ladders, steps are out yes?

How does the water look?

Ha. Technicalities. Yes everything is out of the pool. Just water in there.
Yesterday

eb2b54b456cc8c131ac10d2d984ff11f.jpg

Today

ceac8553d6547fce1e763daaae755a23.jpg

I think it was sunnier yesterday when I took it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you had to backwash very often? (You should when your PSI reaches 25% over it's "clean" value.) don't forget the rinse cycle, too. It looks like you are to the filtering portion of your SLAM. Don't give up!

Edited to add: I now saw where you said you were backwashing regularly. Too often can hinder a bit, not sure if you read about the 25% before or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.