Setting CYA levels on a new fill.

inbamanow said:
...I added 3lbs of 99% conditioner and still can't get a reading with my tests.[
Remember that it takes 5-7 days for the CYA to completely dissolve. If you have to backwash during that time period you'll be washing out some of the undissolved CYA. :(

Yes, it does say Cyanuric Acid on the active ingredients label...

and oh yeah, 5-7 days... why don't I know anything. =] Backwashed before i dosed with the 3lbs and water is crystally clear and ready for stabilization for sanitation and then I leave for vacation.

inbamanow said:
Thanks for the Question and answers... I had the same questions...I added 3lbs of 99% conditioner and still can't get a reading with my tests.

=[

The detection level of most kits is 30 ppm CYA, unless you have the 20 ppm kit. According to the Pool Calculator, if your pool's size is more than 12,000 gal, 3 Lbs of CYA will bring your CYA level under 30, which means you won't be able to detect it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.