Bbp

Jun 3, 2016
md
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi, moved into a house about a month ago and it has a pool. I am happy to have found this forum, I am taking to time read before asking a bunch of questions. I started looking for help because our salt water generator reads 0, when it used to read 1800. Pool water was tested yesterday at a local store and salt water amount was 2200. I am going to purchase the recommended TF100 test kit.

We've never had a pool before so it's a lot to learn, luckily the previous owner is helping with getting things going. But I'm still having issues getting the right levels.

Thanks for sharing all your knowledge

-bbp

Welcome! :wave:

Don't let that pool go green on you while you figure out the SWG! You can just add bleach by pouring it in front of the return. If you have any kind of test results, you can figure out how much. If not, let poolmath tell you how much bleach adds 3 ppm per day and add that per day.

Thanks, I've shocked it a couple times. The water is mostly clear. I'm going to try and attach a picture of the printout from yesterday's water test.
1f5d78a5cb5fe40d37e10214f5cef1fb.jpg

That pool store printout won't cut it for day-to-day. FC is constantly dropping dues to sunlight and anything organic that falls in the pool. You have a giant pool, so 1.3 jugs of plain 8.25% bleach or the equivalent of stronger pool stuff should put you in a holding pattern with FC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you tell me if either of these pictures show the return? I don't feel air or water coming out of anywhere. I don't see any other holes. Thanks

275e3932eba0b84084da20b9a29e799c.jpg
41b685253273e281fc295f12a8f16cd8.jpg

I just asked the previous owner. There are cleaning jets on the bottom of the pool and that's where it returns.

I just asked the previous owner. There are cleaning jets on the bottom of the pool and that's where it returns.
There should be some kind of valve to direct water to the eyeball returns, or they wouldn't have bothered installing them.

But nevermind that -- you need to get some chlorine in that pool before it turns green. If you can't figure out the valves, just pour the bleach in and then use a brush to mix it up good. Pump on, so it spreads fast.