Question re attaching new pump to existing piping

eag

Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2016
topeka
hello tfp friends. well, i have a handyman who looked at my new pool pump from inyo (all in one motor, pump, filter) and he feels he can hook it up.. I could use a second or third opinion about something.. the length between the filter end of the new pump and the opening where the pipes come from the pool, where they will attach, is very short and has been cut and re connected a time or two.. This handyman says it is too short, or maybe too cut up for him to connect the pump to the pool pipe in a straight line of piping and he says he will need to do a curve of some kind.. I am concerned a curve instead of a straight line of piping right into the filter will affect the performance? I have a photo attached.. I'm not exactly sure why he can't do a straight line,, what do you all think? thanks in advance. )** i just tried to upload a photo,, i think i did it correctly, not sure though

Attachments

• WP_20160604_001.jpg
    WP_20160604_001.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 21
That three way valve is dual-diameter. One size pipe fits inside, as it is now, and the next size up fits the outside. So saw if off flush and install a coupler on the three way and then either reduce it back to that size or leave it large all the way into the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.