Another dumb move by me, please help

May 18, 2009
I have a hayward super pump with a AO Smith UST1102 1 hp motor. The motor hums and shuts down, after 8-10 cycles of this it will eventually kick in. Read that it might be the capacitor and at $5 thought it would be worth a shot. Have the new capacitor but did not mark the wires. I have 2 yellow a red to be connected. Can someone advise?

Thanks so much.

howdy1901 said:
I have a hayward super pump with a AO Smith UST1102 1 hp motor. The motor hums and shuts down, after 8-10 cycles of this it will eventually kick in. Read that it might be the capacitor and at $5 thought it would be worth a shot. Have the new capacitor but did not mark the wires. I have 2 yellow a red to be connected. Can someone advise?

Thanks so much.
Do you have a timer on your hayward pump...If you don't set a run time, mine only runs for an hour and then shuts off. You cannot just turn it on and leave it run. What do you mean 8-10 cycles of this it kicks in. True Hayward pumps also have a shut down mechanism if it draws too much power or if the power source does not supply addequate power to the pump. I am sorry that I cannot help with the capacitor, but some of these issues might also be responsible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.