Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another dumb move by me, please help

1. Back To Top    #1

Another dumb move by me, please help

I have a hayward super pump with a AO Smith UST1102 1 hp motor. The motor hums and shuts down, after 8-10 cycles of this it will eventually kick in. Read that it might be the capacitor and at $5 thought it would be worth a shot. Have the new capacitor but did not mark the wires. I have 2 yellow a red to be connected. Can someone advise?

Thanks so much.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another dumb move by me, please help

Quote Originally Posted by howdy1901
    I have a hayward super pump with a AO Smith UST1102 1 hp motor. The motor hums and shuts down, after 8-10 cycles of this it will eventually kick in. Read that it might be the capacitor and at $5 thought it would be worth a shot. Have the new capacitor but did not mark the wires. I have 2 yellow a red to be connected. Can someone advise?

Thanks so much.
    Do you have a timer on your hayward pump...If you don't set a run time, mine only runs for an hour and then shuts off. You cannot just turn it on and leave it run. What do you mean 8-10 cycles of this it kicks in. True Hayward pumps also have a shut down mechanism if it draws too much power or if the power source does not supply addequate power to the pump. I am sorry that I cannot help with the capacitor, but some of these issues might also be responsible.
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer