Need Advice...When should pool be installed?

jonesf

Jun 4, 2016
Malvern, OH
Hello, this is my first of many posts. My hubby and I just purchased a 30' AG pool from Litehouse Pools on 5/31/16. It should be delivered on Monday, June 6. Here is my dilemma...the pool should be installed between June 13-21. We are leaving for vacation on June 22-29. Should I go ahead and have the pool installed and filled prior to leaving and ask my in-laws to care for it while gone or would you recommend we wait to have it installed after we get back? I don't want to overwhelm my in-laws, but I was thinking I could have them test it and relay the results to me and then I could instruct them on what was needed (most likely from posting on here) while on vacation. I didn't want to lose any pool usage time, but if those more experienced than I believe it is best to wait, that is what I will do. Growing up we had an in-ground and we would go on vacation and my dad would just shock it when we got home and all was well. My in-laws will be at our house twice a day caring for our animals, so I am sure they wouldn't mind helping with the pool, especially if they could use it too! I am blessed with awesome in-laws!!

I too would want to be there, and if you do initial start up right, and go light on the CYA stabilizer you could get away with using trichlor pucks in a floater for a week without adding too much additional CYA to the water, leaving little that needed to be done to maintain the pool.

Ike

p.s. that is the same week my wife and I are going to be gone on vacation, we are planning on doing the rocky mountains and possibly yellowstone

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.