Leak where pipes from multiport valve connect to DE filter?

shadowsowner

Gold Supporter
Jun 4, 2016
Devon
Hi. I have my TFT 1000 test kit and my chemicals are well balanced but I've now developed an unrelated problem. Where the pipes from the multiport valve attach to the DE filter I've developed dripping leaks. I tried retightening them and teflon thread tape but they still leak. Is there supposed to be a gasket or O-ring of sorts here? I think the person that closed the pool last winter loosened them and that may have started the problems.

See attached pic for red arrows pointing at the leaks.

Many thanks for your help - the website is a great resource.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 11.04.53 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 11.04.53 AM.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 20
Looks like you have leaks between the bulk head fittings on the filter and the unions to the multiport valve. Most likely only on the multiport side as that is what was loosened. Yes there should be o-rings in there, on both inlet and output. If you can find a manual for your setup it probably has a parts diagram to confirm this.

You could loosen the unions and see if you can move the filter away to inspect -drain the filter first. Ideally the o-rings are there and just not properly seated and in need of lube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.