Update/Success Story

Raptor6408

Gold Supporter
Apr 24, 2016
Lincolnshire, IL
I realized that I haven't been around to give you guys an update. In short, following my SLAM, pool maintenance has been an unmitigated success. Today's test was as follows:

FC: 6
CC: 0
TA: 140
CH: 225
CYA: 50

Last year it was Di-Chlor, Cal-Hypo, Liquid Chlorine, PH Up, PH Down, Algaecide, whatever else the pool store could find (probably based in part on their expiring stock).

This year, I've bought a few cases of Chlorine and 3 gallons of Muriatic Acid. All we have to do is add chlorine daily and enjoy the pool. I don't think it has ever been clearer. This place really saved me. Another year of what we went through trying (futilely I might add) to keep the pool balanced last summer and I might have seriously considered filling it in.

I'm glad you have found our information helpful and have saved money over the pool store and their sales, please consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donation are what keep the electrons flowing.

:nopic:

Stick around and answer a few questions. There's an endless stream of new people who need to be convinced that the pricey test kit will actually save them money over pool store testing. Your recent membership and low post count adds some credibility... I know people think the guides and experts and moderators are all shills for test kit sellers. I wish I got a kickback!

Congrats on getting your pool back in shape! This type of thread is music to the ears of us that embrace the concept that a test kit is a required item if you own a pool, regardless of its size. Owning a pool without a good test kit is like trying to drive a Lamborghini without gasoline. It may look great parked in your driveway but you will never get the full enjoyment out if it unless you fill it up.

I'll have my wife get you some. Probably around the same time I talk to her about what level of supporter we will become. I'll try to check around now and again for a question or two I can answer. I will have to learn how to link to the thread with all the pictures showing the day to day improvements.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad you have found our information helpful and have saved money over the pool store and their sales, please consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donation are what keep the electrons flowing.

Just made the donation, but because I'm a dummy I forgot to include my user name. How do I get someone that info?

I'll have my wife get you some. Probably around the same time I talk to her about what level of supporter we will become. I'll try to check around now and again for a question or two I can answer. I will have to learn how to link to the thread with all the pictures showing the day to day improvements.

- - - Updated - - -

Just made the donation, but because I'm a dummy I forgot to include my user name. How do I get someone that info?
we will let Lee know. He will PM if need be

- - - Updated - - -

Just took care of all the info you'll need! Thank you greatly once again for your support. Please check your email very sorry for any other info you may need.
Lee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.