cloudy pool

May 15, 2015
southern, ct
Good Morning Everyone, I just want to say thank you, this is a great site and all of you have been very helpful, the levels in our pool have really changed for the better due all the information and replies from this site. We are still experiencing a little bit of cloudiness and I was just wanted to post the levels below any suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You, Bobby G :cool:

FC - 2
TC - 2
PH - 7.2
Acid - 5
Cya - 70
TA -100

Good morning Bobby. Your FC is quite low. Very low in fact for a CYA of 70 which means your FC should never have dropped below 5. I don't understand your acid number of 5, but all the others make sense and are what we look for. Based on your low FC and cloudiness, I suspect you have the beginning of an algae bloom starting which would require a "SLAM" (link below). If you aren't convinced, you can confirm by performing an overnight (OCLT) test. If you fail the OCLT, you need to SLAM. Something else you should certainly doing for today is increase the FC right away with regular bleach to about 10. That's not SLAM level but is healthy enough that it may help a bit. Depending upon your water condition and the OCLT results, you will know if you need to start a SLAM tomorrow or not. If you do, your pH is already adjusted to the perfect place for a SLAM. Let us know if you have any questions.

Cloudiness combined with waaaay too little FC for your CYA level tells me you're on the verge of an algae bloom. Technically, you already are.... the cloudiness is bleached dead algae carcasses. It's time to SLAM Process. Add bleach to get to 28FC and brush brush brush. Keep the filter running all day. Keep that FC level up and you might head it off and be done in just a day. Even two days is faster than what it will take if you don't get ahead of it now and let it start going green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.