Timer replacement from pump to SWG

Sep 5, 2015
Smithtown, NY
I have a variable speed pump configured to change speeds and shut down when appropriate. An additional circular style mechanical timer is also connected to the filter pump circuit. The mechanical timer is currently inactive. My pool company recommended I move the timer from the pump circuit to the SWG circuit. Currently the SWG is running continuously. I'm pretty handy, though not an electrician. Is this a DIY job or should I call in a Pro? Also, I'm positive I told my pool installation electrician (not affiliated with PC) that there would be an SWG. Maybe I can get them to move it free of charge.
Thanks!

Well I have no idea about how handy you are with electrical or if you own a wire stripper. What you want to do is simple but you need to be able to identify the correct wires on both and move them. I think you should probably have an electrician do this.

One question is why? Do you have solar or water features? If not why change.

I think what you have is more fail safe. If you want to adjust just change the percentage on the SWG. I would remove the timer but leave the rest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.