Jan 5, 2016
Northern California
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 40,000
I recently moved into my home and it has an IG plaster pool. It appears that the previous homeowner removed the pool deck (it seems to have been stamped concrete) and replaced it with pavers. The pavers look nice (but are HOT under the sun) but they do not surround the entire pool. Previous owner was a firefighter/contractor who did all his own work DIY. One of the areas without pavers is around the skimmer. The issue I have is that the removed pool deck just left dirt around the skimmer and also a gap between the coping and the dirt. This allows water to flow out when anyone is swimming or splashing around in the pool.

Any recommendations about how I can close this area off to keep the water in the pool?

Side note: I may also see an exposed copper wire (assuming ground wire) coming out of the concrete that holds the skimmer in. That's not good, right? :-<

Only thing that comes to mind would be putting a block of wood inside the skimmer as a form and pour concrete to fill the void. You could pour a square around the skimmer and finish any pavers pretty easily. Just gotta make sure your wood is secure and sealed to prevent a concrete blowout into the pool. When it's dry, pull out the block of wood. You could probably find a concrete guy to do it on the side pretty cheap as its not a big job, 4-6 hours?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.