May 31, 2016
norfolk va
FC 5
TC 5
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 80
Salt 3000

unfortunately i have not received my k 2006 kit yet so my numbers are incomplete and i don't want to go to pool place...last time i went they tried to sell me stuff for phosphorous, but my pool has always been clear every year without me doing anything specific for it, anyway, i have attached two pics of my pool water and the above tests were conducted using tailors k-1004. i have used floc, and have vacuumed to waste and i also used a clarifier also vacuumed to waste, filter medium is brand new. except for when i flocked and used clarifier, i have ran the filtration all night and day for the last couple of days. any assistance is greatly appreciated. btw, i raised my TA using baking soda ( little 1lb boxes) based on some of the advice and info i learned from this site. r/

Attachments

• image_4_1.jpg
    image_4_1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image_5_1.jpg
    image_5_1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 36
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

You are using a lot of things we do not think are necessary to have crystal clear pool water. Foc or clarifier can be a help or a hindrance and we advocate that you don't use them at all.

We are minimalists. If you don't need it, don't put it in and if you do put it in make sure you know what it will do.

The one item that year after year we find pretty effective in getting "sparkle" to your pool is A tiny bit of DE in your sand filter.

Pump running, carefully note your filter psi. Then drop say maybe a half cup of DE into the skimmer and watch the psi. When the gauge rises to 1 psi above what it was, that's it.

Leave that DE in there until you backwash and see if the result is a little extra "pop".

Finally got my test kit and was able to determine my cya was virtually non existent. Added some stabilizer yesterday to raise it up to 30ppm for starters. Between that and de powder I added a few days ago pool is crystal clear. Thanks for assistance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.