Sand Filter Maintenance

mikethaisun

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 24, 2009
North East Thailand
Hello
I have an S750 Sand filter and not a clue who makes it, nothing printed on it accept for the spec., and nothing in the maintenance leaflet.
I would like to know if, or when, the sand needs changing as I have a small problem that I cannot understand.
I hoover the pool approximately every other day and backwash after. I then run the circulation system for an hour or so and note that the next day I have an accumulation of dark coloured particles on the floor of the pool. At first I thought it was air born debris being blown in from the surrounding fields but as I now cover the pool directly after use this may not be case.
My thought is that the filter is not working efficiently and the sand needs replacing or the holding tank needs emptying and cleaning.
Has anyone had a similar experience of this?
Best wishes
Mike

Hi, Mike,

I think it might be related to your algae problem in the other thread. About all you need to do to a sand filter is open the top from time to time and see if the sand is not crusted over, loose, reasonably level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.