Air coming out of return

wal81

Feb 8, 2015
North Alabama
This morning I cleaned the filter basket by my pump. When I put it back in, I noticed it would only stay about half full of water. Lots of air was coming out of the returns, and the pressure was very low coming out of one of the returns. When I turn OFF the pump, water leaks out of the filter basket area. Also, the pump sounds noisier.

What do I do?

Open pump basket (what I believe you are calling the "filter" basket). Make sure mating surface is nice and clean of debris. Check that the gasket is intact and properly seated in the channel. If it looks good, apply a nice layer of Magic Lube to the gasket.

Sounds like you have some debris between the lid gasket and the base or a bad gasket. I would take the lid off and inspect the gasket make sure it is clean and not broken on nicked. You may want to get some silicone lube for a tighter seal too. Hopefully the pump being noisier is just air going through get the lid fixed and it should quiet down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.