Just got my K-2006 Here are my Levels, now what?

Yeah my mistake, I meant CYA, what should I do about that high reading?

About the FC, it's taking a long time to go down, it's been about a week and a half. It was 14.5 at pool opening. Should I try a chemical to quicken things up so I can swim? What FC is safe to swim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please add your State to your location in your profile so we can make a better recommendation for your CYA level. And add your pool info to your signature so that we can make better recommendations about draining your pool to reduce CYA.

it is safe to swim when
Ph is 7.2 to 7.8
FC is above minimum and below shock level for your CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart
Water is clear

Thanks for the reply, I have added a signature with my pool info as well as my location in my profile. Any advice as to what I should do to get things balanced would be appreciated.

Regarding the chlorine chart, so what I'm understanding is that having a high chlorine level of 13ppm is not necessarily bad as long as my stabilizer CYA is high as well? So it seems like my CYA and FC are ok in relation to each other but they both seem pretty high, should something be done or will the sun slowly bring these levels down to earth?

If my math is right, your minimum FC at that CYA is 11. The sun will burn a little FC off every day, CYA is reduced by water replacement.

Right, you are fine with the chlorine/CYA levels you have. Chlorine level should always be based on CYA level and be kept above minimum at all times. As noted by mrbruce, the sun will bring down FC but not CYA. The only way to lower CYA is through partial drains of the pool. Your ideal level for CYA is 30 ppm. But, it is manageable up to 80 ppm or so if you maintain higher FC levels, which you have a good understanding of. The main problem with CYA higher than 100 is that the PH test is invalid when FC is above 10 ppm.

So, partial drains and refill to lower CYA. With a vinyl pool it is very important to always leave 1 foot of water in the shallow end to hold the liner in place so that it does not shift or shrink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.