A Different Kind of TFP Success Story

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
My son suffers from a condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. (Don't Google it if you are eating, lol.) he gets painful bumps and abscesses in several areas. The doctors have mentioned bleach baths., which my son was unable to do due to his height and our small bath tub. As his conditioned worsened slowly over the last 3 years, I had noted it was better in the summer. Which is a bit surprising at first glance, as part of it has to do with sweat glands, possibly. Anyhow, he went off all medicines last week and started swimming, as it finally got warm enough.his skin has gotten about 50% better! The doctors were really surprised. I have TFP to thank for some of that success! I explained to them that our pool was very similar to the bleach bath, as I don't add an unnecessary chemicals. They then recommended he swim at the local YMCA during the winter. My quick reply was "onlY if I could sneak in there with my test kit first!" It garnered a couple of big laughs, lol.

I am not quick to let him swim anywhere else, because I know my water is properly sanitized. If things completely heal up, I may feel differently.

So thank you for hosting this awesome site, I am thankful I stumbled upon it 4 years ago!

That is a truly wonderful story. Thanks!!

I had a time of it with skin as a kid, embarrassing beyond words, and I won't give details! haha. I almost always felt better for days after swimming in a pool (or in the ocean for me). They tried everything from pills, no citrus, cortisone, no tomatoes, no milk, more pills, milk baths, blah blah blah. I'm sure nothing as challenging as your son, but I remember saying... "can't we just go swimming?!?"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.