How to set up timers for a inground pool

Aug 9, 2015
macomb twp
I have an inground 10000 gallon pool. Im new to this so any help will be appreciated. I have an intermatic timer with a firemans switch on it for my heater.
Should i set my timers like this:
Intermatic timer to turn on at 8am which will give me power outside.
Hayward pump timer to turn on at 805am, which will start pump.

Intermatic timer to turn off at 7pm, which will kill the power to pump and heater.

You want the pump to run first and shut off last, I would say at lest 10 min before the heater and 20 min after heating and with that check it at least once a week to be sure the clocks don't drift into each other too much. As for overall run time try the heater for a few hours and measure the temp before and after to get an idea of the degree rise per hour.

For filtering purposes 4 to 6 hours is usually plenty but depends on usage and how much stuff finds it's way in the pool. So if you need longer than that to heat you will be covered and not have to bother with pump only run time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.