Aquabot vs dolphin

Jun 2, 2016
Stowell, TX
I'm trying to decide which robotic cleaner to get. We have 3 large oak trees over our pool, so there are always leaves. I'm looking at both the aquabot T2 and the dolphin premier, and our pool is 40,000 gallons. Any recommendations?

I have owned both brands over the years, and now prefer Aquabot as their replacement treads, brushes, etc. tend to have a lower street price than those for Dolphin robots. Unfortunately the same can not be said for major components like motors, power supply boxes, etc.

If you have a lot of leaves you do not want the Premier, which is what I have now. I suggest you look at the new Dolphon S300 series. Specifically look at how the basket and filters work.

Jim R.

I just switched to the Polaris 9550 Sport. I previously had the Aquabot Bravo Fury. I just got the Polaris Today, however, I feel it has already done a better job cleaning the pool than the Aquabot Fury. I also like the debris canister vs the bag the Aquabot uses. It's easier to clean and when you remove the Polaris from the pool it doesn't let any debris fall back in. With the Aquabot, I always had to quickly pull it out of the pool and let it drain outside the pool because small dirt particles would fall back into the pool. Plus the Polaris has a remote, so if it does miss something, you could always direct it to the spot it missed.

I have owned both brands over the years, and now prefer Aquabot as their replacement treads, brushes, etc. tend to have a lower street price than those for Dolphin robots. Unfortunately the same can not be said for major components like motors, power supply boxes, etc.

I was scoping out replacement parts for the current generation of Dolphins and the prices have dropped appreciably (replacement motors excepted).

Maytronics Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaner Replacement Parts | Marina Pool Spa & Patio

I've owned MANY...and the Dolphin wins hands down over the Aquabot. I have the Dolphin Diagnostic for my 33ft AGP..and it works like a champ..it'll pick up leaves, twigs, pinecones, etc. and climbs the wall to the water line to clean.

Out of curiosity, which model did you have, and what went wrong with them?
They were the sport 9400 or whichever number. We replaced probably 5 wheels, went through 3 motors, before my pool company got Polaris to give us a new one that has already lost its scrubbing brush and now something else is wrong with it. They wouldn't warranty this one. Not to mention the debris baskets are junk and come apart quick (we've been through probably 5 of those). Will not own another Polaris!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok thanks everyone, it looks like I'm going to go with the dolphin s300. Appreciate the help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.