Salt Water Generator Just Died!

JKAMAM

May 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
So.... We've had our pool open and it's been sparkling clean. Now our salt water generator decides to die. We're going to be without it for 5-6 days. That means the pump can't run. Any ideas of how to try to keep the pool from turning into a swamp? :(

Bleach. Doesn't matter if it's made poolside or at some huge factory somewhere and bottled up in plastic jugs. Same stuff.

Use the bleach setting on poolmath and pour it in front of a return jet. Problem solved. Unless the pump died, too. Then break out the brush and keep things mixed.

attachment.php

Not sure what kind of equipment you have since your signature doesn't list your pool & equipment, so I'm assuming this is a pump/SWG combo? No way to bypass it to leave the pump on only? If not, at least slowly add some regular bleach to the water and brush it around to maintain that FC. That should give you a little breathing room until you can get the system running again. You can always add bleach as much as needed, just make sure to manually get it mixed around.

I'm new but from what I gather 1/2 gallon per day should get you by. It's a loaded question with no pool info in your sig though.

Brett

We have a fiberglass pool. 18 ft wide X 44 ft long, 8ft deep. I'm not sure how many gallons it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't the pump run?

The pump is powered by our salt water generator. It is dead. We have taken it apart and have to ship it to Florida for repair /rebuild.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.