Jul 22, 2010
Calvert County, Maryland
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Welp, My 4 year old Polaris 9400 finally starting blinking at me no matter what I do. Closest repair facility is over an hour away and doesn't have good reviews so I'm turning to the community for help.

It will start for 5-10 seconds and then alternate flashing lights, indicating a problem, but I need to pinpoint the issue to solve it.
Removing the filter canister does not resolve the issue.
The wheels turn fine out of the water
The propeller starts up and quits when out of water (3-5 seconds, I imagine that is normal)
The screw cap where it goes into the device is cracked (maybe allowing water to reach the unit)??
The motor seems to turn the propeller freely and doesn't seem seized

My GUESS is that I need a new float cable. But before I go an spend $200 that I can't get back I was hoping for input from others. Are there any continuity tests I can do? Is there a series of buttons I can press to narrow down the issue?

I've never worked on any Robot before, so, am I missing the obvious?

Thanks, any feedback is welcome.
-Niko

Good luck. I had the alternate blinking light issue recently and took it to an authorized repair place. They said it was the control box, went and picked it up and it didn't work when I got home. The repair place is 45 minutes in traffic. So, took it back and showed the manager it did not work. Turn it on and starts alternate blinking. So, he said the Polaris rep was coming the next day and would look at it. He said it was the motor. So I got a free control unit since they had to order one and had thrown away the old one and a new motor. Basically, everything is new except for the cord. Now, it usually works but sometimes it won't. I think it may be an issue with air in the unit, so I have been diligent about putting it in tail first and making sure all the air is out instead of just throwing it in and cutting it on. When you plug in the power supply the two lights should come on simultaneously and go out. Then when you push a button it should start. I have the 9450 sport but think yours is similar. From what I have read, if you got 4 years out of it, you are doing good. Think next time I would get something less expensive. I don't find that the ability to climb the walls does much. I still have to brush.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.