Pentair heater makes a high pitched noise.

hodapmj

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2007
Arkansas
My Pentair heater appears to be heatiing as it always has, but it has just started making a high pitched noise while heating. The noise appears to be coming from the heaters chimmney. Any thoughts/suggestions?

No, it is natural gas. It seems to be related to the metal exhaust vent on the side of the unit. It doesn't whistle on startup, but as the the unit heats up it seems to start and continue through the heating process.

A little noise isn't unusual, but you say this just started? I see some references around to adjusting the gas with the valve on the incoming line (not the heater valve itself but the gas shutoff). Some of those are pretty hard to move, but if you have an easy one that would be worth a shot. It would also be worthwhile to take a close look at your burners and make sure nothing has built up inside them.

My Pentair heater appears to be heatiing as it always has, but it has just started making a high pitched noise while heating. The noise appears to be coming from the heaters chimmney. Any thoughts/suggestions?
I removed the back plate on the unit and left it off that stoped the noise right away. Seems like it has trouble getting air for the blower. Once I removed it it stopped. Hope that helps.

I removed the back plate on the unit and left it off that stoped the noise right away. Seems like it has trouble getting air for the blower. Once I removed it it stopped. Hope that helps.
I had this issue and learned my heater is set up as natural gas and I mm using propane. You need a propane oriface or the heater gets too high of flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.