Chlorine levels not going down pool still not clear

May 1, 2015
Northbrook, IL
So I started SLAMing my pool on Tuesday. I have a 23000 gallon vinyl chorine pool. Kept FC at 16 and it would go down every couple hours to 12 and I would raise it back up using the pool calculator.
Last night I brought the FC to 16 and this morning when I measured FC was at 22. It's currently 85 and sunny and its been 6 hours since this mornings measurement. I measured again and it was still at 22.
Can anyone help me understand why the chlorine is not going down? Pool still a light blue, can't see the bottom.

CYA - 30
TA - 50
FC - 22
CC - 1.5

what am I missing here? I am planning on getting the CYA to 40-50 and TA to 90-100. But it concerns me that FC is not dropping with all this sun and cloudiness in the pool.

Are you running the pump 24/7 for now and brushing daily?

It's pretty rare to have a pool slam go quickly....give it a week at least.

When you get to it, you might bring the TA to 80 first then see what that does to your ph over a few weeks.
unless you have learned that over time your ph is more stable at 90-100.

Last night I brought the FC to 16 and this morning when I measured FC was at 22
So is there any way to increase FC without you adding it??? No.....never. so the 22 ppm that you read was testing error or dosing error. FC cannot increase in a pool on it's own.

Also, if your pool is in daylight, the FC will go down...virtually nothing can stop it because FC is consumed by UV rays from the sun.

Review your testing and dosing procedures and you will likely find the answer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.