Intex floating skimmer on summer waves RX1000 problem

May 30, 2016
Sterlington/LA
Considering this is our 1st attempt at trying to maintain a pool, we're going as cheap as possible until we have it down. With that said, we got a summer waves RX1000 pump. Saw the floating skimmer by Intex, so decided to give that a try to make maintaining the floating debris easier. Well, the fitting that is supposed to connect to the intake part doesn't fit. At least I don't think it does. Tried twisting the part of the intake cover in the water off and that thing doesn't move. Tried fitting the screw fitting with the skimmer over that intake part and it's too small. Are they not compatible?

Ok, never mind. Seems like it sucks anyway. Was able to make it work if I held the fitting there, but it wasn't any good. Actually sucked in more air then water and really tiny pieces of debris was sucked in, but grass and stuff just floated on by. You can still answer for other people, but I'm gonna take it back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.