Is PoolMath & Recommended Levels Different

I think you may be using a different calculator. Make sure you're using the one from my signature below or from the TFP Home Page (tab).

Then, ensure at the bottom you select the 3 criteria (Troublefreepools, your type pool, and how you chlorinate).

It does the same for me on SWG recommendations.

The target will vary depending on situation. The critical part is to always stay above minimum. As long as you have enough FC to stay above minimum until your next test and dose, your target is good.

And really, why worry about target on a SWG pool? If you're plugging FC into poolmath to get a dose, you've sort of reverted to a bleach pool which will have higher values.

I think you may be using a different calculator. Make sure you're using the one from my signature below or from the TFP Home Page (tab).

Then, ensure at the bottom you select the 3 criteria (Troublefreepools, your type pool, and how you chlorinate).

Yes, it is a spreadsheet that someone created on this site and everything is set at the bottom. The numbers match PoolMath.

I understand that there are variables but I also know that then there are discrepancies or something does not match people might get confused. I am fine but it might be something that should be reviewed as it appears that at other scenarios, the 2 sources don't match up for FC in regard to the recommended range/Goal.

The PoolMath target is for non-SWG pools. Only a different minimum is provided for a SWG pool. Either way, the target is pretty meaningless. The key is to always stay above the minimum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.