Shower pouf prefilter...

Hi all, thought I'd share with you a little something I came up with when I was battleing with springtime tree blooming. My neighbor has a big Japanese maple right next to my pool and when it buds new foliage it produces a little stem that the wind would blow right in but worse than that I have huge live oaks that produce a brush like stem, thousands of them... My skimmer would get clogged in just a few hours. Plus a lot of the pieces would pass through the skimmer and into the send filter....anyways, I went to Wally World and tried to figure out something I could use. I spotted the shower poufs and a big smile came across my face. Sure enough it fits perfectly in the basket, catches the little stuff and allows water to pass through even when heavy with the debris. Of course I still had to empty it often but my pump didn't break suction. You can take it out and shake/spray it off and replace it when necessary (at $1-$2 ). Hope this helps some folks

LOL, ...men ;) a shower pouf is that bundle of netting tied up with a string to hang it up... They're sold on the isle with soap and body wash. Cost is about $1 to $2... I am loving mine as a prefilter
I just use a queen-sized knee-high nylon.

attachment.php

Many others have discovered hairnets. About 7¢ apiece in a box of 100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.