Flexible PVC

Apr 26, 2008
Hello -
I'm trying to install flexible PVC this year instead of the normal plastic hoses from skimmer to pump to filter to return. My pool installer used PVC glue to glue the threaded hose fittings into the unions of the pump and filter.

I tried to tighten the flex PVC onto the hose fitting but the hose clamp wont get tight enough. Can I glue the flex pvc directly to the hose fitting? I'm not aware of anyway to "unglue" the pvc. Should the local pool store stock replacement unions? This way I can use the barbed hose fittings with the hose clamps.
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rich

Most flexible PVC is designed to be glued to slip fittings. You should be able to find threaded connectors that will thread onto your existing threaded fittings and then have slip fittings that you can glue the flexible PVC to.

If that isn't enough of an explanation, try posting a picture. That will make it much simpler to explain things.

Where do I find Flex PVC? I have not seen any at the local Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Only the rigid sched 40 and sched 80 is available there.

NWMNMom said:
Where do I find Flex PVC? I have not seen any at the local Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Only the rigid sched 40 and sched 80 is available there.

I'm fairly sure Home Depot carries it or did last year. You can order it at flexpvc.com too.

Here in Houston, I was able to locate it at Lowes. Home Depot does not carry it here. I also went to a parts supplies store that sells part for semi-trucks and purchased heavy duty clamps that are tighten with a wratchet wrench. These clamps work so much better and you can get them pretty tight with these heavy duty clamps. I tried the regular clamps before and they failed me.

See if that may be of help to you.

Hello -
I was able to solve the original problem. I used 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 Fernco Coupling. I don't know how long it will last but it seems to hold better than the other hoses that came with the pool.

I'll try to post pics.

nwmnmom - plumbingsupply.com has it for 1.40 per ft...8% shipping charge and 3.95 handling fee...could not find it here at lowes or home depot...interesting enough, my HD does not even stock Muratic Acid...manager told me they are prohibited from carrying ma due some "incident"

Oh well...local HW store carries plenty for me

So is "Spa Flex Hose II" a flex PVC? It sure looks and feels like what everybody else calls flex pvc.
If so, NWMNMom, both HD and Menards in the Twin Cities carry it. At HD, it normaly is on an upper shelp on a large (3-4') reel. Menards only carries short lengths (5 to 25') and is in with the rest of their "tubing" as they call it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.