A HAPPY HELLO from Stanfield, NC!

Bonray

Jun 2, 2016
Stanfield, NC
Hello everyone. I just registered on here. I have been a pool owner for over 15 years and have learned a lot about pool maintenance in those years. I have always been able to keep our pool clear and properly balanced without any major problems. Unfortunately, I've had a few health issues that prevented me from being vigilant with the pool maintenance recently. I gave the task to my husband. He did his best, but was unable to keep up. So this year, upon start-up, we had a really bad green/mustard algae issue.:spiderman: Our first time ever. OMG! Let me just say, as i'm sure most of you know, algae is much easier to prevent than get rid of! Thanks to this WONDERFUL website, I found the SLAMing process, and in about 7 days, I was able to get my pool back to crystal clear and balanced. I also used/use the pool math calculator. LOVE IT! I didn't come out totally unscathed however. We have staining on the plaster and a good bit of pitting. I am working on raising the CYA level. (The pool is due for a re-plaster. Can't afford it though.) But anyway, A BIG THANK-YOU to Trouble Free Pool! :)

I see you have the k2005 test kit. Did you do an OCLT to make sure you killed everything? I'd hate to see you have to start over if you couldn't perform the last crucial step to end a SLAM.

Welcome to TFP