Roof Mounted Solar Panels near AC Supply

Apr 26, 2008
Hello -

I just set up a few solar panels on my roof. The best place to run the input and output pipes from the ground to the roof is about 6" from the electric lines that supply my house. The electric lines are the 2 taps that attach to the outside of the house and run down into the house to the breaker box.

These pipes run from the roof solar panes over the edge of the roof near these lines then down about 2' underground where they run toward the pump/filter/pool for about 15'. At this point they come up to the shut off valves,etc and back into the pool.

My question is, if the pipes burst near those taps and spray water onto them will I electrify the pool? Since the pipes go underground anyway do I need to change this? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Rich

It would be pretty rare for the PVC pipes to burst in pool plumbing since the pressure is so low. If it does fail, it is usually at a glue joint and even then it just dribbles out.

Also, the power lines to the house should have a insulated jacket of some sort so even if they get wet, there should not be any current flow.

So I would say there is little to no risk putting the PVC close to the power conduit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.