How do you prefer to trim your solar cover?

dannieboiz

Jan 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
Last season, I trimmed mine with a couple extra inches so it can fold upward to keep debris from falling into the pool. but I find myself fighting to flatten the cover to the water and looks bubbly.

I just laid out my new cover and is about to trim it down. I have a kidney shape pool. Was debating on if I should trim it down to the waterline or leave the folds again. Just wondering what the seasoned solar cover user are doing and what works well.

Mine is cut an inch or two inside the tile so that it sits flat on the water to prevent it getting picked up by the wind. Definitely have air bubbles under the cover. I've only had it on a few weeks but there seems to be no way to avoid the debris going into the pool when you remove it.

It does help when I spray debris into the skimmer basket walking the leaves with the garden hose but honestly it takes too much to time. Maybe I'll try with a pool brush this season. Dirt collects on top which I hate vacuuming out. I was hoping someone came up with a clever idea to roll it up and take the debris out of the water at the same time

I have given up trying to prevent all the debris from going in. We have our "SOP" for removing the cover to keep as minimal an amount of debris entering, but am ready with my leaf net to catch the gunk at the end of the roll. My bigger concern is the mucky water that will make its way into the pool when i am at the end. Now what i do is fold the over back onto itself at the end, preventing the water from going into the pool (well, as much as possible) - then once the cover is out of the pool, I lift it up to drain the excess water out of both ends...a pain in the you know what, but so is dirty tarp water! I find the heat loss prevention well worth the annoying daily tarp removal that i go through...

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

I have a rectangular pool, and I cut mine a couple inches wide, (end of last season) but I'm going to cut it smaller to lie flat on the water. Reeling the cover up, the excess material scrapes on the side of the coping and occasionally tries to fold over on itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.