new pool

timbo

Jun 1, 2016
newalla,ok
Tested water with a taylor k-2006 looking for advice on what order to add chemicals. 24 x 52 above ground pool 14,600 gallons. I'm using the bbb method.
PH-8.0
TA-225
CH-150
FC-0
CC-0
CYA-3
Temp 70

Last edited:
The cya was from a test at the pool store. The other tests are from the taylor test kit . I didn't want to waste a cya test on the taylor figured the pool store couldn't screw that test up. The pool is new just filled up

Welcome! :wave:

Very impressive, test results from a recommended test kit on your first post!
attachment.php

Is that a typo on the CYA, or is that your estimated value based on dissolving a few pucks?

You need to add some acid to lower pH. I'd aim for 7.2 with your high TA. Note: you won't be filling the pool to the rim. It's probably more like 4' deep which gives 13,500 gallons.

You need some bleach. Your target there depends on the CYA level.

The CYA level needs to be somewhere between 30 and 50 unless you have a Saltwater Chlorine Generator.

HAve you read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry? It'll help you decipher what I just wrote.

What chemicals do what and how to add them is in Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to use Poolmath to calculate doses is Pool School - PoolMath Take a few minutes to read it, don't just head straight to poolmath. There's some features you might miss if you get ahead of yourself.

Oh yeah that is often the one they screw up the most. You need to use your Taylor 2006 test kit to get a CYA reading- it is really important that you do as the advice we will give you will be based a lot on this particular number.

The cya was from a test at the pool store. The other tests are from the taylor test kit . I didn't want to waste a cya test on the taylor figured the pool store couldn't screw that test up. The pool is new just filled up
Halfway right! Not wasting reagent was a good move. But they did mess up the test. Tap water has no CYA.

Study up on poolmath and if you want, try it out and post your findings. We'll tell you if you did it right or not. Us just telling you how much to add is no better than the pool store telling you what to add.

If you do have bleach but don't have the rest of the chemicals, add bleach. With no CYA, target 3.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.