Dog chewed threads on sand filter motor

May 15, 2015
Mineola, TX
Earlier this spring, while I had the pool drained and taken apart, our Christmas puppy chewed the threads where the hose comes from the skimmer into the sand filter pump (see pic). At the time, I wasn't too worried about it, because the pipe would still screw onto the threads, so I thought it would be okay. Now that we're setting up the pool, the connection is not sound--it drips at a rate (my husband says) of about 2 gallons per hour. We tried applying pipe tape to the threads, but it still drips... any suggestions, or am I going to have to buy a whole new filter?IMG_5907.jpg

I'd see if I couldn't find a rubber washer or O-ring to crush between the two surfaces. Smooth out any teeth marks on the end with a file so it's smooth. If it works, you saved a bunch of money and downtime. If it doesn't, you've wasted maybe a buck and a half.

When you're done, buy that dog a KONG Bone. We bought our Rottweiler one and she still has it after 4 years! She loves it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.