New-to-me Pentair Pump - How does it work? HELP!

May 17, 2009
Jasper, TN
I recently had a 24' round AGP installed. It was previously installed so I don't have any paper work on the filter or pump.

The brand of the pump is a Pentair. There's also a sticker on it that says Turboking.

I can't find any pumps on their web site that matches the description of mine.

It says model: 227T on one sticker. On another where Pentair is listed it shows P/N: 7 193742-02

amps 8/16

Another sticker says 2.0 HP

Does anyone have a suggestion on the detailed specs and guide on maintenance, etc. of this pump?

It is hooked to a sand filter. I do not see anything on the filter itself telling me what brand it is.

It has a large lever on the top of the filter for various functions such as filter, waste, recirculate, and a couple of others I can't remember right now.

A couple of times the pump has stopped 'pumping' but the power was on and could hear it running. I moved the lever to a couple of different positions and when I moved it to waste and then back to circulate it start pumping again, but shot some sand into the pool. The guy that installed it said to never do that with the pump on :( he was supposed to come back and give me some instruction on it but it's been a week and I need to try and get this figured out. He did an incredible job on the install. You can hardly tell the pool was used previously. It has a hang-on liner, everything is excellent condition and he used a laser many times during the install to ensure it was level and the water level is absolutely perfectly level.

So he knows how to install a pool but just not a good teacher LOL

Re: Can't find info on my pump

Yeah I should have taken some pics. I'll do that tomorrow and post them.

In the mean time I found another model # on the pump: 340114

And the sand filter model # is 272526

The sand filter has been painted (just the main housing) so I didn't see any markings 'till I did a closer look today.

I found a post on Craigslist that lists a Sand Dollar brand filter with model 272526

The pic of the Dynamo pump you listed above is similar but I'll have to compare again in the daylight to be 100% sure.

frustratedpoolmom said:
It looks to me like the Turbo King is a Dynamo pump that is sold under several names, Turbo King being one of them. Is it a 2 speed (do you see a high/low switch)? Here's a manual, does this look like yours?

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...+King+Owners+Manual&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/DynamoOM.pdf

Yes it looks like that but the model # doesn't match up.

The only Dynamo 2HP I see is model 340219 but mine is 340114.

Mine shows amps 8/16 so that would be dual speed?

The Dynamo 2HP isn't 2 speed it doesn't seem.

It doesn't appear that your pump is 2 speed, I can't see a high/low switch anywhere on the pump. Bummer... that's alotta pump for your pool...

Did your installer guy ever come back?

I'm going to edit your title to see if we can get some more feedback from the equipment experts....

frustratedpoolmom said:
It doesn't appear that your pump is 2 speed, I can't see a high/low switch anywhere on the pump. Bummer... that's alotta pump for your pool...

I'm going to edit your title to see if we can get some more feedback from the equipment experts....

No, he hasn't came back :(

He owes me a vacuum too. He was so awesome during the install and really did an unbelievable job. I don't understand why he's failing me now.

I don't see another switch either beside the on/off switch, so why would it say 8/16 amp?

rastoma said:
frustratedpoolmom said:

No, he hasn't came back :(

He owes me a vacuum too. He was so awesome during the install and really did an unbelievable job. I don't understand why he's failing me now.

I don't see another switch either beside the on/off switch, so why would it say 8/16 amp?

alot of times the 8/16 is 220/110 volts depending on how its wired it will use more or less current.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hmmm... maybe I been looking under the wrong category at Pentair.

The sand filter had been painted so I couldn't see the original label/brand.

Pentair sales a filter/pump combo that probably has different numbers is the reason I haven't been able to find the exact one on their site:

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/sanddollaragsysDS.pdf

My sand filter looks exactly like that. So I bet the pump is the dynamo 340219 but has a different model number since it looks to have been a paired set.

I sent Pentair an email to confirm.

Kinda after the fact but I had been wanting to post these pics for so long, now that I was able to finally get them off my camera I figured I'd go ahead and post them anyway :)

00000012.JPG

00000013.JPG

00000014.JPG

00000015.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.