Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New-to-me Pentair Pump - How does it work? HELP!

1. Back To Top    #1

New-to-me Pentair Pump - How does it work? HELP!

I recently had a 24' round AGP installed. It was previously installed so I don't have any paper work on the filter or pump.

The brand of the pump is a Pentair. There's also a sticker on it that says Turboking.

I can't find any pumps on their web site that matches the description of mine.

It says model: 227T on one sticker. On another where Pentair is listed it shows P/N: 7 193742-02

amps 8/16

Another sticker says 2.0 HP

Does anyone have a suggestion on the detailed specs and guide on maintenance, etc. of this pump?

It is hooked to a sand filter. I do not see anything on the filter itself telling me what brand it is.

It has a large lever on the top of the filter for various functions such as filter, waste, recirculate, and a couple of others I can't remember right now.

A couple of times the pump has stopped 'pumping' but the power was on and could hear it running. I moved the lever to a couple of different positions and when I moved it to waste and then back to circulate it start pumping again, but shot some sand into the pool. The guy that installed it said to never do that with the pump on he was supposed to come back and give me some instruction on it but it's been a week and I need to try and get this figured out. He did an incredible job on the install. You can hardly tell the pool was used previously. It has a hang-on liner, everything is excellent condition and he used a laser many times during the install to ensure it was level and the water level is absolutely perfectly level.

So he knows how to install a pool but just not a good teacher LOL
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't find info on my pump

Welcome. Can you post a few pics of the equipment? That may help folks who answer.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

It looks to me like the Turbo King is a Dynamo pump that is sold under several names, Turbo King being one of them. Is it a 2 speed (do you see a high/low switch)? Here's a manual, does this look like yours?

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/DynamoOM.pdf
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah I should have taken some pics. I'll do that tomorrow and post them.

In the mean time I found another model # on the pump: 340114

And the sand filter model # is 272526

The sand filter has been painted (just the main housing) so I didn't see any markings 'till I did a closer look today.

I found a post on Craigslist that lists a Sand Dollar brand filter with model 272526

The pic of the Dynamo pump you listed above is similar but I'll have to compare again in the daylight to be 100% sure.
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, I been trying for days to find the data cable to dump the pics from my digital camera to the PC and can't find it, so I took some with my cell phone. They are not near as good but hopefully it will still look familiar.

http://cid-34b13c2ba84af71f.skydrive.li ... AG0012.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

Is anyone having problems viewing the pics?

Anyone have a suggestion on the pump is?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    It looks to me like the Turbo King is a Dynamo pump that is sold under several names, Turbo King being one of them. Is it a 2 speed (do you see a high/low switch)? Here's a manual, does this look like yours?

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/DynamoOM.pdf

Yes it looks like that but the model # doesn't match up.

The only Dynamo 2HP I see is model 340219 but mine is 340114.

Mine shows amps 8/16 so that would be dual speed?

The Dynamo 2HP isn't 2 speed it doesn't seem.

8. Back To Top    #8

It doesn't appear that your pump is 2 speed, I can't see a high/low switch anywhere on the pump. Bummer... that's alotta pump for your pool...

Did your installer guy ever come back?

I'm going to edit your title to see if we can get some more feedback from the equipment experts....

9. Back To Top    #9

It doesn't appear that your pump is 2 speed, I can't see a high/low switch anywhere on the pump. Bummer... that's alotta pump for your pool...

I'm going to edit your title to see if we can get some more feedback from the equipment experts....
    No, he hasn't came back

He owes me a vacuum too. He was so awesome during the install and really did an unbelievable job. I don't understand why he's failing me now.

I don't see another switch either beside the on/off switch, so why would it say 8/16 amp?

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by rastoma

No, he hasn't came back

He owes me a vacuum too. He was so awesome during the install and really did an unbelievable job. I don't understand why he's failing me now.

I don't see another switch either beside the on/off switch, so why would it say 8/16 amp?
    alot of times the 8/16 is 220/110 volts depending on how its wired it will use more or less current.
    Kidney shaped ~ 10000 gallon Ig Plaster pool with pool cage. 120sf Cartridge filter. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-26, 230 Volt, 7.8/3.0 Amp, 1-1/2 Horsepower 2 speed pump, Solar panels on the roof. Heliotrope HelioMatic 4000D solar controller.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by mdhwoods
    alot of times the 8/16 is 220/110 volts depending on how its wired it will use more or less current.
    AHHHH.... ok... that makes sense.

It's connected to 110, so would you say it's pretty safe to assume it's consuming 8 amps then?

12. Back To Top    #12

Re: New-to-me Pentair Pump - How does it work? HELP!

Hmmm... maybe I been looking under the wrong category at Pentair.

The sand filter had been painted so I couldn't see the original label/brand.

Pentair sales a filter/pump combo that probably has different numbers is the reason I haven't been able to find the exact one on their site:

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/sanddollaragsysDS.pdf

My sand filter looks exactly like that. So I bet the pump is the dynamo 340219 but has a different model number since it looks to have been a paired set.

I sent Pentair an email to confirm.

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

so would you say it's pretty safe to assume it's consuming 8 amps then?
    16 amps @ 110v

8amps@220v
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    16 amps @ 110v

8amps@220v

What he said.
    Kidney shaped ~ 10000 gallon Ig Plaster pool with pool cage. 120sf Cartridge filter. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-26, 230 Volt, 7.8/3.0 Amp, 1-1/2 Horsepower 2 speed pump, Solar panels on the roof. Heliotrope HelioMatic 4000D solar controller.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    16 amps @ 110v

8amps@220v
    Well, shoot.

I'm looking for a timer and most of them are 15a. 20a are expensive.

So I guess it wouldn't be good to run a 15a timer on just the pump if that's the only thing on the circuit?

16. Back To Top    #16

Kinda after the fact but I had been wanting to post these pics for so long, now that I was able to finally get them off my camera I figured I'd go ahead and post them anyway

17. Back To Top    #17

Rastoma,
    I found my papers!!! I sent you a pm too. Let me know if you need anything. Btw, yours looks exactly like mine!
    10,408 gallon, 21' round, 52 in' deep AG, half in ground
    Artesian Clear Master Plus Sand Filter, Artesian Turbo King 2 hp pump, installed June 08
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    GEAUX TIGERS!
    Pics taken 2012
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0606.jpg
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0607.jpg