Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi everyone,
I have a tf-100 test and i dont think i ha e a way to measure Borate... yet on pool math, it says ph recommendations depend on Borate... help?

364f933a0978b3f7c266570d7f273bb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think you need to adjust PH to where you want it before Borates. Borates stabilize PH making it harder to move after introduced into the pool. I had low PH, added Borates, then it took a little more Borax to increase PH. I bought a borate test kit in Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't really read your PH levels but if it's 8.0 then just add Muriatic Acid in small intervals testing every 30 minutes. You will need more MA than usual but it's not that bad. Borates do not ruin anything- or cause problems below 100 PPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
I have a tf-100 test and i dont think i ha e a way to measure Borate... yet on pool math, it says ph recommendations depend on Borate... help?

I underlined what I think is the important part of the statement.

The answer is, if you've never added boric acid or borate granules to your pool, your borates are 0. Leave that item set at 0 and the other calculations will take that into account. :)

I added the recommended 20 oz dry acid into a bucket of water and then to pool while walking around it... not correct? I did that and about an hour later added the bleach i needed.. it has been 1 hour since then.

So i guess i need to buy Borates, what product and where can i get it? So when i have TA and PH in a good range, i add Borates? What level Borate should i have? What test kit do i need to test Borates?

I underlined what I think is the important part of the statement.

The answer is, if you've never added boric acid or borate granules to your pool, your borates are 0. Leave that item set at 0 and the other calculations will take that into account. :)
I am not sure since this is our first year in this house and we only replaced half the water, added fiber cellulose, powder shocks from pool store and lots of Metal Free. After finding this site, i fought a green monster and have used soda ash last week to bring Ph up, bleach almost every day and dry acid today to bring it down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am not sure since this is our first year in this house and we only replaced half the water, added fiber cellulose, powder shocks from pool store and lots of Metal Free. After finding this site, i fought a green monster and have used soda ash last week to bring Ph up, bleach almost every day and dry acid today to bring it down.

It's unlikely that the previous owner added borates, but you can always test for it! I've been considering adding them myself. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.