Intex: Can I swap out pumps and leave the sand tanks alone?

nate81

May 20, 2013
Raleigh, NC
My pump died, so i bought a new one and it came with a new sand tank. I had just filled my old sand tank and wanted to see what you all thought about me just swapping out the pumps.

My old unit is discontinued. This was the old unit I had. SF20110

This is the new unit i purchased. 3000gph

I'm confused by the whole GPH....the website says one thing, but the manual says another.

The model of the old tank says 'SF20110' and the new tank says 'SF60110'

I'm I making a big deal out of nothing here? It would be nice to just dump my new pump in the old pumps place because I have to order sand from ACE hardware and it takes forever. Granted, i will do whats best in the end.

I will use the new tank, it's 16" diameter, better and bigger filter, always better, add the sand I think is 120 pounds, the pool sand from Ace Hardware is excellent...

Looking at the links you provide, I think both tanks are the same...

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

I think my old one is 16" diameter also, but it does say the new tank is like 120lbs of sand and my old one said (i think) 100...but 100 lbs of sand didnt quite fit. I just ordered another bag of sand from Ace, they have 25% coupon too! :)

Is there any issue to me saving the sand I just put into the old tank? Can i just dump it into the new??

You can save the sand for 10,000 years, it's just a second in the sand life time... ?

Actually, I will just wash the sand and reused it... Up to 120 pounds

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.