Another Newbie in NJ and this is a great site!!!!

Hoster

Silver Supporter
May 27, 2016
Berkeley Heights, NJ
Never imagined words such as gizmo, SWG, pool shock, Polaris, etc would be part of my life / vocabulary but they are now!! Great information, insights and wisdom on this site make me feel less paranoid about owning a pool. Already becoming a Polaris expert after disassembling (and re-assembling, three times!) and fixing my Polaris but I know this is my first (of many) baby step in knowing the pool.

Thanks in advance for all your input / wisdom!

Thought I would go to appropriate / relevant thread :) I am wondering whether I should get solar heating panels (EcoSaver?) to extend our season a bit - not necessarily heat up the water too much. We do have a heater but the previous owner did not recommend due to cost (i think it is an electric one).

Nice post! Thanks for the feedback!

Do you use a solar cover already? They help a lot. Solar also works great if you have a nice south facing or west facing roof to install panels.

Thanks for the feedback. Thinking about using the solar cover first (rather painful and cumbersome to cover / uncover because it is not anchored to the deck, hence the previous owner did not use often). My son and I prefer cooler water below 80 (not the wifey :) ) but may start using the cover to extend the season a bit. Thanks!