Going out of town-- pool sitter changed his mind

Aug 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
The pool sitter isn't able to help after all (I think it has something to do with the forcast for temps in the upper 70's and scattered showers all next week.).

Here's my plan....does this sound ok? I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I'm leaving town on Tuesday and coming back next Monday.

Today add polyquat 60 (about 12 oz -- first time to ever use)

Starting this evening, add bleach to get cl up to at least 23 (my CYA is 90). Check after each hour until the level holds. Now, if I get up in the morning and check before sun hits the pool, in theory, the CL should still be 23 (right???) If not, do I add more at that time???

Do I need to get the level up again on Monday night since I leave out on Tues morning?? OR should I wait and do the shock process on Monday night?

I have another neighbor that is willing to check on things toward the end of the week. Should I have him put a gallon or two in the pool (for good measure)?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Pam

I would wait and add the bleach Monday night....(BTW the PolyQ will consume some of the existing FC level) and then while your gone, have your neighbor put in 1 jug. That should be ok. Will you keep it covered? This will keep down on evaporation/FC loss. Make sure the pump is running when the neighbor adds bleach.

frustratedpoolmom said:
I would wait and add the bleach Monday night....(BTW the PolyQ will consume some of the existing FC level) and then while your gone, have your neighbor put in 1 jug. That should be ok. Will you keep it covered? This will keep down on evaporation/FC loss. Make sure the pump is running when the neighbor adds bleach.

On second thought....since your CYA is so high and your pool is so large, have him add 2 small jugs. :wink: Have a nice time, if you trip is for pleasure. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.