The pool sitter isn't able to help after all (I think it has something to do with the forcast for temps in the upper 70's and scattered showers all next week.).
Here's my plan....does this sound ok? I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I'm leaving town on Tuesday and coming back next Monday.
Today add polyquat 60 (about 12 oz -- first time to ever use)
Starting this evening, add bleach to get cl up to at least 23 (my CYA is 90). Check after each hour until the level holds. Now, if I get up in the morning and check before sun hits the pool, in theory, the CL should still be 23 (right???) If not, do I add more at that time???
Do I need to get the level up again on Monday night since I leave out on Tues morning?? OR should I wait and do the shock process on Monday night?
I have another neighbor that is willing to check on things toward the end of the week. Should I have him put a gallon or two in the pool (for good measure)?
Any feedback would be appreciated.