Mineral Springs Box shuts off

clriz

Jun 1, 2016
lexington, sc
After a liner replacement, water refill and filter sand replacement I also replaced the T Cell 15 for a fresh start with everything.
When I plug in the Mineral Springs MS-11 control Box the power light comes on, the flow light blinks for 20 seconds then goes out, the generating light comes on then 15 seconds later all indicator lights go out.
The new T Cell is a generic from PoolSupplyWorld, they indicate that it's compatible.
Side Note: the display panel remains on, however the mineral reading is very low compared to the reading from my pool store.

Any suggestions as to what could be going wrong?

It was the current limiter (thermistor). Ordered the part (570-1062-ND) from Digi-key. Unsoldered the old part and soldered in the new part. Put the motherboard back into the box and powered it up. Working like new again.
If someone else has this issue, make sure you have a high temp soldering iron to replace the thermistor. The solder pad on the PC board is large to dissipate heat and therefore a little hard to solder.
Thanks to everyone that contributed to the successful fix to my problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.