EcoSmate copper bars?

pdsw60

Jun 1, 2016
Pascagoula, MS
I hope this is the right place for this question. I have a EcoSmarte water treatment system. I haven't had much trouble with it. It is time to replace the copper bars. My question is what's special with the copper bars? EcoSmarte wants $175 for them. Please! Copper is not that expensive, unless it something special about them. Does anybody know?

To answer your question - we don't know. If they use an expensive grade of refined copper, such as oxygen-free electronic (OFE) grade copper, then it might cost that much. My guess is it is just standard grade copper (the kind they make wires out of) and you are simply paying for the expensive marketing and packaging associated with these types of mineral systems that claim to "save you money"...

TFP does not advocate the use of any form of alternative sanitizer systems that use metal ions in pools. In the long run they will often lead to metal scaling problems in pools and they are an ineffective sanitizer at best (even when used in conjunction with the prescribed low levels of chlorine). If you wish to do so, you can type the term "EcoSmarte" in the TFP Search box (it uses Google to search the TFP discussion forum) and you will get 285 results of conversations regarding this product and the bogus claims that they make. Most of the posts are from people fed up with the EcoSmarte system and desiring to change to chlorine.

Good luck to you and I hope you can find a cheaper alternative to overpriced copper.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.