dealing with the rain

Aug 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Just when I thought I was going to have a day to myself (my children went to me-me's)...it rains and turns a bit chilly!

In the past, I've dropped two water hoses and run the down the hill to drain off water. I was wondering if I just turn my filter to waste and drain off water.

Also, when would it be best to start draining. The water is over the skimmer now. Does it matter if it gets to high?

TIA

When the water level is a little too high it doesn't cause any immediate problems. The skimmer won't skim if the water is above the top of the simmer, which will eventually cause problems. More importantly, you don't have any control over where the water goes if it starts overflowing the top of the pool. If it overflows, it is likely to erode away some of the dirt supporting the pool wall, which could eventually be a problem if it got serious.

So, you probably don't need to go running out in the rain, but I wouldn't completely ignore it either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.