Heater problems, need recommendation for company on LI to replace

pisstol27

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2012
Smithtown, NY (Long Island)
I got my pool already for pool season, turned on the pump and was greeted with a broken PVC that was connected to the heater's exchange unit, which resulted in a fountain of water shooting out. I don't have a way of bypassing the heater so my only two options are to replace the heater or redo the plumbing to bypass the heater. I'd like to have the heater so I am looking for a company on Long Island that does replacements. I've called two so far and one doesn't do that service and the other is not returning my call. I can't run the pool without fixing this so I have a big green swamp in my back yard. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I had to replace my heater last year. Got it on Amazon, which was the absolute cheapest way to go. No one local would touch their price. Then I re-plumbed the PVC to fit to the new heater's input and output. I also bought 2 Jandy Never-Lube Three-way valves and created a bypass for this heater (prior one didn't have it). Highly recommend a bypass. Comes in very handy for the times when you needs to drop the pH level.

I got my pool already for pool season, turned on the pump and was greeted with a broken PVC that was connected to the heater's exchange unit, which resulted in a fountain of water shooting out. I don't have a way of bypassing the heater so my only two options are to replace the heater or redo the plumbing to bypass the heater. I'd like to have the heater so I am looking for a company on Long Island that does replacements. I've called two so far and one doesn't do that service and the other is not returning my call. I can't run the pool without fixing this so I have a big green swamp in my back yard. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Can you post a picture of the leak as maybe it is something easy to fix.

Hey,

Im from Smithtown. In fact just replaced heater :)

I have a pool wizard that can either fix or replace for you. He has been servicing my pool for over 20 years. Not the cheapest but absolutely the most fair and honest. Plus it helps that he can do just about anything. If you are interested PM me.

Thanks Mitch...Must be something in the water in Smithtown! I had already contacted Deep Blue Pool before I saw this post and wound up going with them. Their prices seemed fair and were very nice and helpful. All my equipment was about 15 years old with a lot of leaks, had to replace the filter, multiport valve and pump in addition to the heater. Fun times!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.